Registered Nurse - Free Sample Resume
Stephany Zimmer6589 Anywhere St.
Santa Barbara CA, 93454
ObjectiveTo uphold the highest standards of nursing care and deliver to my patients an unparalleled level of care giving.
Liscensed Practical Nurse/ Shift Leader: St Mary's hospital (Santa Barbara CA)
- Supervise 4 GNA's per Shift
- Medicate and treat 14-24 patients per shift.
- Prepare and administer medications by; oral, sublingual, intramuscularly, intradermal, subcutaneous, topical, dermal and inhalation routes.
- Perform a functional assessment and a physical examination.
- Insert and discontinue peripheral IV lines.
- Prepare and administer IV fluids and antibiotics.
- Monitor a record intake and output.
- Perform a variety of diagnostic procedures; set up rooms with proper equipment for test, EKG's, blood draws and obtaining urine specimen via foley catheter.
- Surgical wound care using a sterile and aseptic technique.
- Operating and maintaining a wound vac machine and dressing.
- Maintain the care and upkeep for artificial airways such as oral airways, nasal airways, endotracheal tube and tracheostomy tube.
- Obtain and transcribe orders given from doctors and nurse practitioners.
- Establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
- Assure the privacy and personal dignity of patients.
- Perform infectious control procedures.
- Provide individualized patient teaching on preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- Company nursing consulting of visiting different Manor Care facilities preparing them for state a county survey.
Jan 2001- 2006
Certified Nursing AssistantOlive Grove Hospital (St Paul MN)
- Performed direct patient care under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Assisted patients with activities of daily living.
- Effectively carried out multi tasked, capable of delegating along with instructions.
- Assisted with the care of postoperative cardiac patients.
- Communicate with family members, guest and healthcare team members
St. Paul School of Nursing
Degree in Nursing - June 2000
University of Chicago
BA in English - May 1998
5 years experience in Major hospitals housing up to 500 patients at one. Used to working in high stress environments with fluctuating schedules.