22 North 22nd Street
West New York, NJ 08904
Obtain senior librarian position within secondary education setting.
· Experienced manager with prior staffing, training and auditing duties.
· Varied exposure to library science including academic and technical librarian skills.
· Thoroughly familiar with reference skills and inventory management procedures.
· Promoted three times in one year period to senior level reference guide at Mason Dixon Library, Yuma, Arizona.
· Awarded “Librarian of Year” from Somerset County Freeholders Association.
· Acted as consultant to prison construction management firm. New prison construction required implementation of prison libraries in three county and two state prisons throughout New Jersey and Connecticut. Assignments required the creation of a “harmonious atmosphere”, selection of appropriate titles, and ongoing inventory management. Cited for excellence by prison officials at each institution.
Reform Construction, Philadelphia, PA June 1998 to Present
Consultant / Library Administrator – Acted as chief consultant for prison construction contractor. Responsible for design decisions and implementation of library space within various new construction maximum security facilities. Involved in all aspects of implementation including title selection and ordering, inventory management, and space design. Each construction project required specialized attention to education and reform, geared toward the classification of inmates at the facility. Cited for excellence by prison administrative officials on every project. Implemented literacy awareness programs and trained inmate tutors for ongoing education projects. Helped initiate hours and tutors for GED programs.
Somerset County Library, Bernards, NJ May 1996 to May 1998
Academic Librarian – Responsible for reference inquires for classics and poetry titles. Implemented new African American Authors section. Managed reference desk with three workers. Responsible for internal stock audits and ongoing inventory management. Helped upgrade library computer systems and transfer database records to new system. Awarded “Librarian of Year” from Somerset County Freeholders Association.
Del Barton Prep School, Buffalo, NY January 1992 to May 1996
Reference Librarian – Provided reference information for school library. Implemented various tutoring programs during tenure. Promoted to senior reference guide. Maintained inventory of current works. Required budgeting skills and internal cost auditing. Implemented cost efficiency measures. Position required heavy contact and cooperation with school teachers and administration officials.
University of Maryland, Bertam, MD December 1992
B.A. English, Computer Graphics Minor.