38 Mastiff Drive
Nelsons Corner, NJ 05643
To work in multi media library environment while pursuing a Masters of Library Science Degree at Rutgers University.
· Designed technical reference database for School of Environmental Sciences Library, Livingston University, Piscataway, New Jersey.
· Created award winning on line library newsletter, published bi-weekly, with primary target audience of upper classmen at Rutgers University.
· Team member for stocking of new “Internet Business Wing” for Rutgers University main campus library.
· Awarded employee of year from classicfiction.com, (an on line literary guide to works of renaissance fiction). Implemented web page modifications during tenure. Credited with improving site traffic from 200 hits daily to 1,000+.
· Experienced reference librarian with real enthusiasm for people and learning.
· Technical librarian skills including Internet abilities, desktop publishing, database development and internal auditing of various titles and stock.
· Proficient educational web site content manager and marketer.
· Flawless comprehension of English language.
Classicfiction.com, Piscataway, NJ October 1999 to Present
Webmaster / Site Designer – Created and launched web site from campus office with university funding. Site theme is renascence fiction and other works of great literature. Maintained database of on line inventory of various titles and authors. Specialized in Internet searches for hard to find titles. Coordinated various promotions between our site and campus library officials to increase awareness of educational literature and extra curricular learning opportunities.
Bridgewater Library, Bridgewater, NJ May 1997 to September 1999
Reference Librarian – Reference desk research specialist. Helped locate in stock titles and order specialty titles. Assisted with technical instruction to library staff, relating to Internet searches and various computer related issues. Helped library users search on line catalogues such as DYNIX, CLSI and CD-ROM databases. Opened and closed library on weekends. Catalogued incoming serials.
Specialty Books, Bound Brook, NJ April 1995 to May 1997
Assistant Reference Specialist – Responsible for general knowledge of inventory for computer book store. Helped manage stock of 5,000+ volumes. Assisted in maintenance of store web site, responding to on line inquiries for various titles and articles.
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ December 2000
B.A. English, Art History Minor.
GPA – 3.8/3.9.