22 North 22nd Street
West New York, NJ 08904
To contribute as general manager to success of soon to be opened full service restaurant. Will consider right “turnaround” opportunity within Central New Jersey.
· Experienced manager with prior staffing, training and auditing duties.
· Varied exposure to bar and restaurant management in quick and full service market segments.
· Computer skills include spreadsheet and payroll / facility management software.
· Thoroughly familiar with health and safety requirements and licensing procedures for New Jersey food vendors.
· Increased table turnover rate and subsequent sales volume for full service Italian restaurant by implementing new table designs and management practices.
· Hired to manage declining local diner in Piscataway, New Jersey. Within six months, without facility upgrade, tripled sales volume.
· Cited for excellence and management innovation three consecutive years.
General Manager – Manager of 50 seat family owned restaurant. Hired during decline cycle of business. Interviewed and hired new cooks and wait staff. Implemented “new” menu with marketing effort aimed at creating image of upgraded selections. With nominal capital outlay, redecorated facility interior. Intensified cleaning practices to upgrade public image. Organized word of mouth promotions requiring no advertising budget. Promoted relationships with area charity and women’s groups to build morning hours revenue. Within six months, revenue tripled as a direct result of new management efforts.
Assistant Manager – Responsible for inventory management, employee scheduling and facility maintenance. Responsible for all health and safety certifications. Charged with kitchen operations management during busy dinner shift. Maintained wine list and stock. Required extensive research to achieve salable, price sensitive but quality wine inventories. Implemented new table design / floorplan which increased table turnover rate and subsequent revenue.
Assistant Manager – Responsible for opening and closing of facility on weekends. Managed staff of three delivery people and two cooks. Coordinated all food deliveries from vendors. Scheduled employee shifts. Responsible for hiring delivery people and maintaining employee morale. Coordinated state and local health and safety inspections as well as kosher inspections. Established cross promotions with other area vendors. Implemented targeted marketing campaign using nearby Rutgers Campus media outlets. Marketing effort resulted in increased delivery / off site sales revenue of 35%. Increased employee retention during tenure.
University of Maryland, Bertam, MD December 1994
B.A. English, Computer Graphics Minor.